Monday, November 16, 2009

Shark Tank Me Please?

We just finished up our technology pitches last week and found out the winners of them. I must say that I was slightly disappointed by not only the activity but by the results. I was confused at first by what we were supposed to be doing but then my group and I caught on and got excited about our idea only to receive multiple emails less than hours before the pitches were to happen that they were changing here and there in slight ways from the original ways that they were told to be done at first. I began to get extremely frustrated with this because not only were we the first group to go at 8:30am but also we had just been informed two days prior that we were essentially being thrown into a shark tank of judges and let me tell you that is exactly what it end up being. I refer to them as a shark tank of judges because this assignment reminded me exactly of that show on TV called Shark Tank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhyny2GLtk
It was then time for us to finally go in and present no matter if I wanted to or not. We felt we had a good idea and we were excited about it. We followed all of the suggestions/recommendations and felt confident in our product. Once we were done we felt as though we were successful but once we got the results we didn't win to our dismay. I was shocked to see that a lot of the winners had technologies dealing with medical devices. All we have learned about up until this point is computers, blogging, twittering, geocaching, gps, cell phones, online identities, etc. But medical technologies? I didn't think that was the direction we were supposed to go for the project...I guess I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment