Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Wiki, Wiki-What?

I understand that there are people out there who enjoy contributing to wikis, I have decided that I am not one of them. The idea of this whole wiki for our midterm study guide is completely throwing my whole studying habit for a loop. I don't even know where to begin to start to study and then I started thinking about this whole wiki business and how it is not mandatory that anyone contribute and now the deadline for contributing to it has been moved to just a mere 8 and a half hours before my behind is to be in the chair taking the exam itself. So I am seriously contemplating how it is going to benefit anyone? To be quite honest I am more than a little frustrated with the whole process, not just the deadline but I have no idea what I'm doing and I was in the lecture that discussed it and I went back and tried to follow the steps and I just don't get it. I think that to a certain extent a class just needs to be taught. Technology can't do it all, at least not yet.

1 comment:

  1. AGREED, and maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I'm a big fan of a instructor-produced study guide that will actually help us with what's going to be on the exam. Help sessions are good to, and I know she was on AIM for a couple of hours, but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete