Monday, November 30, 2009

Youtube:Broadcast Yourself and Learn

My friends and family are absolutely obsessed with YouTube. I like to reference it from time to time but I don't use it everyday and as a daily reference almost like as much as I Google. However anytime my friends want to show me something they immediately jump on youtbe and pull it up and have a clip waiting for me. I must say that in recent weeks I have become slightly more reliant on this website myself and come to find it just as useful too. Whenever I want to replay an awesome play from a game I just watched you can pretty much guarantee it will be on youtube by the end of that game so you can so your friends who missed it!
Another thing about YouTube is that almost every single one of my professors uses it as teaching tool in the classroom as well. Anytime they want to demonstrate a point or use a clip for class they pull it up on YouTube. I have to say my favorite clip from a class that was shown from YouTube was in my Com 324 class called Shift Happens...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljbI-363A2Q. I think bringing technology into the classroom keeps students involved and interested and youtube is a pretty sweet way to broadcast yourself and potentially learn something in the process...





No comments:

Post a Comment